What do the Volunteers do?
• They keep the register, which records attendance and times of arrival and departure.
• They run the snack bar.
• The set out the toys and equipment, replenish paint, paper etc as necessary, and tidy everything away at the end.
• They do the ‘hand-over’ of a child from one parent to the other if they don’t want to meet.
• They can help the first meeting between child and parent to go smoothly, if necessary.
They listen sympathetically -
• They do not offer opinions or advice;
• They do not have access to personal information, so they don’t know your history;
• They cannot tell you when your next booking is;
• They will take messages, but are not responsible for informing the other person if you are unable to attend.
We are always looking for new volunteers.
If you think you might be interested, or would like to know more, please ring 01332 298130
Leave your name and number and we will get back to you.
Alternatively just call in to the Centre any Saturday between 10.00am and 4.00pm to have a look round and talk to the volunteers on duty.
'Working with Families to put Children First'
Affiliated to and Accredited by the National Association of Child Contact Centres